Saturday, January 22, 2011

JANUARY, 17TH - THE FLAMENCO DANCER

The flamenco dancer is one of those childohood things that have been in my room who knows for how long. Actually, we travelled to Spain when I was 5 yrs old, so I guess it has been on here since then. I liked to have the dancer posing for me, I guess she could be part of any setting and look different every time. Hopefully I will experiment again with her. This time, she played the role of a decadence dancer/actress, with her body laying on the stage at the end of her career/life: maybe a broken leg, or maybe a gunshot from a jelaous fiance. But all the same showing all her beauty. It came to my mind a setting of "La Traviata" and the movie "Moulin Rouge". Probably next time she'll get rid of the romanticism and tragedy to play a more cheerful or commercial role, we'll see what suits her best.


No comments: